Using E-Commerce Services, Online Libraries can take credit card payment for Horizon fees and fines over the Internet and/or at the library's physical location. The Stand Alone version of the service provides a complete installation of the software for each Online Library customer, allowing the library complete control over settings and configurations. A lower-cost version of the service allowing Online Libraries to participate in a shared installation is slated tor 2010. In such a shared solution, choice of settings is more limited.
Features of E-Commerce Services--Stand Alone include:
- Credit Card payments enabled for patrons using Visa, MasterCard, or Discover either online or at the Online Library
- Online payment screen accessed via a tab in the iPac online catalog
- All fees and fines created via Horizon can be paid
- Payments are deposited directly into the bank account designated by the Online Library
- Software maintained by SELCO staff in our office
- SELCO works with Merchant Processor (the company that processes the payments) on the Online Library's behalf.